house icon

Your gadgets

Mobile phone & MP3 player

If you’re charging your phone, MP3 player or other electronic gadget, plug it in for as long as you need to get a full charge, then switch if off and unplug it. Chargers can overheat if left on for a long time.


Always unplug a charger from its socket after you’ve finished charging your mobile phone, MP3 player, or similar gadgets, to reduce the risk of fire.

Hair Straighteners

Remember to switch off and unplug hairdryers and straighteners as soon as you’ve finished using them – and don’t wind the cable around them while they’re still hot.

Email this to a friend

Back to Electrical Safety